Tuesday

My Review of High Sierra Rolling Duffel Bag - 36" Drop Bottom

Originally submitted at Sierra Trading Post

Closeouts . What separates High Sierra's rolling duffel bag from the pack is its ingenious use of space—and lots of it. This 36" drop bottom duffel features straps for last-minute lash-ons and generous, end-pocket-accessible stuff sacks for laundry. Haul and carry handles Removable padd...


A wheeled trunk for all of your gear!

By sherpasd from Escondido, CA on 1/5/2010

 

4out of 5

Pros: Good Zippers, Large Capacity, Durable, Easy to Transport

Cons: Really Big

Best Uses: Camping, Extended Travel, Airline Travel, Weekend Trips, Gear for the week

Describe Yourself: Avid Adventurer

What Is Your Gear Style: Minimalist

I'm using this bag as a trunk in the back of my SUV. It works awesome for keeping all of my cycling & hiking gear ready for instant assault in the back of my vehicle. Very spacious, room for everything I need at a moments notice.

I doubt I will try to bring this onto a commercial airliner. It would take security a week to comb through all of it's open spaces! The fact that is splits in half could make it valuable to a traveler with more than 50lbs trying to board a plane...?

Bottom line... A great deal for a great big bag with wheels and pack straps attached. Might make a great world traveler bag. Just make sure you have a hired a Sherpa or two at your destination.

(legalese)